Select a link from the menu on the left to learn more about our Local Leagues.
The Template is Rolling Out This Week
01.15.2013 - We are currently in process of rolling the templates out to the Local Leagues. This week, we will provide access to a few Leagues in order to work out any problems and hope to roll out to all by the end of the month.
Local League Example Template
We have an example of a Local League template on the LWVPA website ready for you to review! This template will allow Local Leagues to use a content management system (CMS) to:
- create, edit and delete pages (to be shown in the left hand column);
- add/edit content for each page;
- upload files and photos for use in your content area;
- add/edit titles, descriptions and meta keywords to improve search results;
The Local League template's features include:
- a subdomain for your League "YourLeague.palwv.org";
- the ability to "brand" your League's template by providing a photo or graphic in the top left box;
- your League's name in the header, at the top of the content area, and in the left column and left menu;
- your League's address and contact information shown in the left column, on the "Join", "Donate" and "Contact Us" pages and at the bottom of each page of your site;
- forms to capture leads to your "Volunteer", "Join", "Donate" and "Contact Us" pages sent directly to your League;
- direct links to your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and/or YouTube profiles (if additional social media logos are needed, please request) at the top of each page, replacing the LWVPA social media links;
- social sharing features to allow visitors to share each page of your site;
- Google Analytics tracking code and monthly website traffic reports;
- an embedded Google Calendar to promote your events.
CMS Access for your Local League Template
Any local leagues that would like to use the new template to create a website on the LWVPA site will need to have their President send an email request to Rae Neubaum (subject "Local League Template") in the LWVPA office and she will forward these requests to our Webmaster.
Please include in the request, or in a separate email, the following information (bolded information is required):
- the name of your league and its contact information as you want it displayed on your website and the email address to be displayed;
- the name of the person or persons who should be given access to update the template and their contact information, including email address(es);
- a photo or graphic for the top left of the template (you may want to provide several for our Webmaster to choose from - she will crop it and upload it for you;
- links to your Facebook page and other social media sites;
- the email address(es) to be used to receive the monthly reports;
- the email address(es) to be used to receive the website form submissions;
- your Google Calendar code (see the Help files).
If you are using Email Marketing software and would like to have an opt-in form added to your site, please email the opt-in form code as well. If you have any other requests or needs for your template that are not covered here, please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate them.
Are you ready to see it?
The LWVPA website, members' area and Local League templates were all designed by Websketching, LLC, an award-winning NJ web development company serving hundreds of small businesses and organizations, including the NJ State Federation of Sportmen's Clubs and the NJ Alliance for Youth, Children and Familes and several agencies in the Philadelphia Area.