Information for Pennsylvania Voters
Respect Returned to the PA Voters!
Voter ID Law Struck Down
- SmartVoter.org - On-line personalized ballot, voters guide & polling place lookup
Your Voting Rights
Your right to vote should not be made difficult for you! Report any difficulties you encounter to your Election Bureau and/or the League at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about your voting rights.
Frequently Asked Questions About Voting in Pennsylvania
Am I eligible to vote?
If you are a citizen of the US, 18 years of age (or will be 18 before the election) and registered to vote and live in the PA and your election district for at least 30 days, you can vote! Click here to learn more about voter registration requirements.
How do I register to vote?
Get a registration form from your County Registration office or download a voter's registration form and mail it to your County office.
I am in the military. How can I vote?
If you are a member of the military, click here to learn your voting rights.
I can't make it on election day due to an emergency. What do I do?
If you can't make it to the polls on election day, here are the options available to you:
- Absentee Ballots are a way to keep your right to vote.
- Alternative Ballots can be used for handicapped and senior voters who find their polling place non-accessible.
- Emergency Ballots (pdf) can be filed on Election Day using the Emergency Absentee Ballot Application (pdf)
- Additional forms must be filed when an Emergency, Alternative and Absentee voter needs assistance. Click here for more information.
I went to the polls and my name was NOT LISTED in the poll book. What should I have done?
If your name is not listed, ask for a Provisional Ballot.
Where do I go to vote?
Click here to find your polling place.
Where can I see how a voting machine works?
Click here for a demonstration of a voting machine.
If you are not registered to vote, need to change your name/address or want to change your political party registration, visit VotesPA.com.
Useful League Publications
- Who's Who at the Polls (pdf)
Includes information about all aspects of your polling place including a list of officials and their responsibilities.
- Citizen Poll Watchers Checklist (pdf)
A checklist to be sure your polling place is operated in compliance with the law and provides information on how to report any irregularities.
- Taking Charge: Voting Rights (pdf)
A guide to registration and voting in Pennsylvania.
- Who's Who in the Party (pdf)
Information about party officials and structure.