Fair Districts PA is a project of the League of Women Voters of PA and other allied organizations. For more information about FDPA or to join the growing list of Pennsylvanians fighting for redistricting reform in PA go to www.FairDistrictsPA.com.
Position in Brief:
Support apportionment and redistricting based substantially on population of all voting districts, with additional consideration given to compact and contiguous territory and with respect given to municipal boundaries.
- Where We Stand on Redistricting Reform (pdf)
- What is Gerrymandering? (pdf)
- Prison-Based Gerrymandering (pdf)
- SB 22: A Joint Resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, further providing for the Legislative Reapportionment Commission for the purpose of reapportioning and redistricting the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Senate Sponsors: Boscola, Scavello, Browne, Schwank, Blake, Dinniman, Leach, Williams, Yudichak And Haywood
- HB 722: A Joint Resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, further providing for the Legislative Reapportionment Commission for the purpose of reapportioning and redistricting the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- House Sponsors: Samuelson, Roe, Delissio, Barbin, Bernstine, Boback, Briggs, V. Brown, Bullock, Caltagirone, Cephas, Comitta, Conklin, Cook, D. Costa, Cruz, Daley, Davis, Dawkins, Dean, Deasy, Deluca, Diamond, Digirolamo, Donatucci, Driscoll, English, Fabrizio, Fitzgerald, Frankel, Freeman, Gainey, Galloway, Gergely, Gillen, Goodman, Hanna, Harkins, A. Harris, J. Harris, Hill-Evans, Irvin, Kaufer, Kauffman, Kavulich, W. Keller, Kim, Kinsey, Kirkland, Krueger-Braneky, Kulik, Madden, Maloney, Markosek, Matzie, Mccarter, Mcclinton, Mcginnis, Mcneill, D. Miller, Mullery, Murt, Neilson, O’brien, Pashinski, M. Quinn, Rabb, Ravenstahl, Readshaw, Roebuck, Rozzi, Schemel, Schlossberg, Schweyer, Simmons, Sims, Snyder, Solomon, Sturla, Taylor, Thomas, Toohil, Vazquez, Vitali, Warren, Youngblood and Watson
- Redistricting PA: The Legislative Guide to PA Redistricting
- Ballotopedia Redistricting in PA
- Fair Vote: Redistricting Reform
- Redistricting Commissions: Legislative Plans, National Conference of State Legislators
- Redistricting Hearings by the PA Bar Association Constitutional Review Commission
- Redistricting Principles – For a More Perfect Union (Common Cause)
- Importing Constituents: Prisoners and Political Clout in Pennsylvania