Who can participate?
- Students currently enrolled in a public or private high school or home-schooled at the high school level. Contestants must be at least 13 years old, and no older than 19.
- Students may work together in groups, but one student must be selected as the primary contact. That student is responsible for making sure all participants have submitted release forms. Prize money will be given directly to the primary contact to be divided by participants on their own terms. The Contest Administrator is not responsible for allocating prize money among individual participants.
- Dependents, immediate family members, and individuals residing in the same household of employees, officers and directors of the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania, or of contest judges, are not eligible to participate.
- Adults may provide verbal guidance and appear as actors, but all videos must be planned and produced by students.
Is there a submission fee?
Can individuals submit or participate in more than one entry?
What’s the contest schedule?
- Contest begins: January 15, 2018
- Submission deadline: midnight, March 1, 2018
- Top ten finalists announced: by end of day April 1, 2018
- Participant release forms for top ten finalists due: midnight, April 10, 2018
- Winners announced: by end of day April 15, 2018
How many teams can enter from a school?
- There are no limits to how many teams may enter per school. Each student may only compete on one team.
How many members can be on a team?
- There are no limits to the amount of students on each team. If a team wins, the prize will be given to the primary contact, to be divided by participants on their own terms.
How will videos be judged?
- The Judging Committee will evaluate the entries on a scale of 1 to 10 for each of the following criteria: message content, creativity and originality, production quality, and appropriate use of media. Check here for additional details.
What are the prizes?
- First place will win $1000; second place will win $500; third place will win $250.
- The winning videos will appear on the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania’s website and may be otherwise published, displayed, reproduced, or replicated by the Sponsor.
What would disqualify an entry? If it:
- has been entered in other contests or won other awards.
- supports, demeans, or defames any political party or person.
- includes mention or performance of any copyrighted media production, including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
- contains material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- includes third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures.
- contains material that is indecent, obscene, pornographic, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, objectionable, or otherwise lacking in taste or quality in the views of the judges.
- contains material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual.
- contains any material that is unlawful.
- Was produced by anyone other than high school students in the state of Pennsylvania.
Please address other questions to email@example.com