ADD YOUR TWO CENTS! (ABOUT PA SALES AND BUSINESS TAXES)
Ask your state legislators to invest in PA – our schools, our health care, and our infrastructure to grow our economy. Tax cuts to promote jobs are not working, and costing taxpayers more and more. It’s time to rethink incentives, exemptions, and loopholes. Go to www.pennbpc.org for the big picture and the latest on HB440. Please call your Senators about HB 440.
Position in Brief:
Support an equitable and flexible tax system for state and local government in Pennsylvania.
Learn more: Fiscal Policy Position in Detail (pdf)
2011-12 Legislation and League Action
Several bills were referred to the respective House and Senate Finance Committees.
- SB 633 and HB 2019 would authorize countywide implementation of a variety of taxes and requiring reduction of other taxes.
- SB 584 – known at the Taxpayer Relief Act, further provides for homestead and farmstead exclusions.
- SB 1222 – also known as the Taxpayer Relief Act, provides for senior citizen tax relief.
- HB 676 – provides for local senior citizen property tax rent rebates.
- HB 1742 – provides for the elimination of property tax for older Pennsylvanians.
Other Useful Websites or Coalition Partners: