What We Do
The ultimate goal of the League of Women Voters is to create an informed, empowered citizenry and a responsible, responsive government. In addition to helping voters register, our members:
- conduct research in areas that are important to Pennsylvania voters;
- observe public meetings of governmental bodies;
- prepare and distribute nonpartisan voters’ guides;
- publish factual publications on complex, controversial subjects
- provides testimony on issues important to Pennsylvania voters
How We Do It
Through a rigorous study and consensus-taking process that is initiated by the grassroots membership, the League of Women Voters takes positions on issues such as voting and election reforms, criminal justice reform, fair funding for education, environmental protection, and more.
From there, we provide the resources and information that our members and the general public need to advocate for the issues they believe in. It is through this process that each and every individual member of LWV has a voice in the organization’s policies and actions. From local meetings to national conventions, it is the members who make the policy decisions of LWV a reality. Officers and boards of directors carry out these decisions.
How to Join
Any person who subscribes to the purposes and policy of the LWVUS shall be eligible for membership. Click here to learn more about becoming a member.